Zone3 Activate Woman’s Shorts
- Five years worth of award winning reviews based on performance, comfort and value.
- Three pockets, comfort waistband, high quality pad and leg grippers.
- High-Tech Teflon coated fabrics which are fast, breathable and offer great coverage.
Lots of new features have been built into these shorts to make them what we consider to be the best available on the market. You can feel the difference as soon as you put them on. They are supportive, comfortable and use a high quality pad. This combined with top-end fabrics make them perfect for any Sprint or Olympic distance triathlon.
- Aquaflo™ is a fast and comfortable fabric. It is designed to give low levels of drag thanks to its water repellent Teflon coating. You will notice that when the fabric has water splashed on to it, it will bead up and flow straight off the suit. This hydrodynamic effect is maximised during the swim helping to achieve faster times. It also means less water is absorbed making the suit lighter and quicker to dry once on the bike. This is the effect which is maximised during the swim. It is made from Xtra-Life Lycra® which ensures great shape retention and comfort throughout the race. The main body of this range is made from a black or navy colour to ensure modesty and superior coverage.
- Balanced Compression is provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Aquaflo fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helps to improve endurance and stamina.
- Airflo is designed for optimum temperature control by allowing moisture to easily evaporate from the skin and help keep the body cool or warm depending on the conditions. The soft-touch feels extremely comfortable against the skin and the eyelet pattern also helps the fabric to dry very quickly after the swim.
- Super snug waistband – A 3.5cm elastic waistband has been added on to the shorts for an extremely comfortable and supportive fit. The shorts are designed to ensure nothing will be exposed whilst on the bike and a drawstring cord is added to accommodate a range of waist sizes and ensure optimum fit.
- Tri-lite pad: A female specific made to measure triathlon pad. Small and neatly positioned, the pad also features different thickness levels to ensure comfort and minimise any saddle pain. It is designed to minimise any water absorption and provide protection during the cycling phase, without impeding your swim or run. Also, new fine-line stitching to further reduce any irritation.
- Silicone UFO leg grippers – Newly designed leg grippers combine a soft elastic material with internal and external silicone. These grippers are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside to create a more comfortable fit and do a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run.
- New Pocket Design: Two carefully positioned streamlined pockets on each side of the leg to allow nutritional products or other race accessories to be stored and accessed with ease. One side has a full size pocket and the other has two smaller sized pockets to accommodate different items.
- Rear Pocket: The shorts now have a new rear zipped pocket perfect for valuables or nutrition which need a more secure fit during the swim.
- Stylish Flat locked stitching – Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
The Women’s Aquaflow Plus Tri Shorts are perfect for any Sprint or Olympic distance race. Give them a try and you’ll soon notice that we’ve found the perfect balance between performance and comfort. If you’re aiming for a 70.3 or Ironman race it would be advised to look at our Lava range which is designed for longer distances.